Wednesday 14 November 2007

The oxygen of publicity

I apologise to my readers for the hiatus in by blog publications. The ‘powers that be’ who shape decision making (or at least ought to) would seem to be avid readers of the blog, and appear to be taking up some of my suggestions for long overdue improvements and benefits for Chatteris. So I’ve been biting my tongue and resting my pen, and waiting to see what, if anything, is actually happening ....

However the current edition of the Citizen Chatteris Extra, published on Wednesday 14 November (but curiously dated Friday 16th) has an article directing readers to this blog.

You can therefore expect further postings imminently ....

In the mean time you could amuse yourself by speculating about the identity of the Citizen columnist who writes under the nom-de-plume Ben Allanty.

A recent script in the radio 4 soap opera, the archers, featured a character writing for the local news paper under an alias which was an anagram of her name. Could Ben Allanty be an anagram ? I’m terrible at anagrams, never once having solved a ‘Countdown conundrum’, but suggestions I’ve so far received for the mystery Citizen columnist include
“anal by lent”, and “anally bent”. Further (more polite) suggestions welcomed.

Walter Burnett may become a registered trademark.

3 comments:

rob said...

How about Ballantyne?
Did you know that an anagram of walter burnett is rent a wet blurt?
See here:
http://wordsmith.org/anagram/

walter burnett said...

Don’t get me started on anagrams !

What have the following all got in common ?

“Clone Feller Wen”,
“Anal Men Lot”,
“Hyper Pet Rum”,
“Rear Mangy”,
“Gaffe Hype Error”
“Curtain Trims”

They are all belong to “Lunatics Conflict Ridden” !

rob said...

Lunatics Conflict Ridden! How appropriate.